Thursday, May 26, 2011

My Day Out

Today, my friend Merle and I went to the city(Sydney) for our yearly visit to the Art Gallery of New South Wales to see the entries in the prestigeous Archibald Prize for Portraiture.

We walked across the beautiful Domain park......


and past the Archibald Fountain





We had coffee among the trees


The Art Gallery of New Soyth Wales


Details of the sculptures and wall frescos outside the Gallery








We sat here and watched the late afternoon sun through the trees in the Domain
These were my tickrts to a lovely relaxing day out


Joining with Dayle at Simple Pleasures
God Bless
Barb from Australia

8 comments:

  1. Marvelous!!!! Great captures....

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks wonderful and a totally relaxing day out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to see Sydney. Great way to spend a day. Looks a bit chilly though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how wonderful...I would love to visit one day, thanks for sharing your simple pleasure

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a great place, isn't it Barb?
    I'm sure you two had a wonderful day wandering through the vast exhibitions there.
    So..did you agree with the choice of the winning portrait?
    love..Trish

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful area!
    I can picture myself sitting under those trees, sipping coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely post, Barb. I especially wanted to be in the photo, drinking coffee among the trees.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks beautiful there. I have been trying to find someone from Australia that I could ask-I have been wondering how everything is there since the flooding a while back. Were you close to any of it? I know it has been a while, but just found someone I could ask when you stopped by my blog:) So glad you did.

    And your simple pleasure looks wonderful and peaceful.

    ReplyDelete