Thursday, May 19, 2011

Happy birthday Mary

Hello Everybody,
Today (19th May) is my youngest daughter Mary's birthday -- she turns 45.
She hasn;t had the best of health for the last few years and her family decided to treat her to a special combined Mother's Day and Birthday present this year....They booked her into the audience of her favourite daytime live talk show.....for today ....... HER BIRTHDAY.......She was in tears on Mother's Day when she rang to tell me what they had arranged.  She said she didn' realise how much they  loved her.
Her daughters took her to Melbourne last night, ready for the show today.They were fussing over her hair and had chosen what she was to wear.. (they are 17 and 20)....the three of them were so excited..
I am writing this post today and joining with Trish at L.A.C.E    and Dayle at Simple Pleasures
 to celebrate the special bond my daughter has with fer family.  

God Bless
Barb from Australia

12 comments:

  1. Barb,
    That is so special and I am happy for your daughter to have such lovely children. Lovely Simple Pleasure.


    ~Jean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww. So sweet. I almost cried when i read that she said she didn't know how much they loved her!! So special. I'm sure she had a WONDERFUL birthday.
    Bless you.
    Lora

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barb, I can't wait to hear how they enjoyed themselves!
    So glad they got down there ok and are having a ball for Mary's Birthday :-)
    I bet they won't stop talking about it for months lol!!
    Love and hugs..Trish

    ReplyDelete
  4. Barb that is so great. A very Happy Birthday to her......

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet...wishinig her a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a sweet family your daughter has ....wishing her a great Birthday !!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How special, Barb. Happy Birthday to your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Barb, how special! I pray that she will truly enjoy herself. Happy Birthday to your daughter :)

    Mrs. M.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A superb simple pleasure, to know that your child is loved by her children.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful gift to give her! I hope they had the time of their lives. This is a great simple pleasure for her, and as a mom I know that it's one for you too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy birthday to you daughter and what a wonderful gift from her family. For my 40th birthday, my friends got me Oprah's 20th season dvd collection and her first book of collective magazine articles; they also wrote to her over and over and tried to get her to write a message to me but never got a response :/ My 40th was a birthday to remember but each birthday is wonderful -- I'm 45 now too. Best wishes to you, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  12. I had a huge smile, as I read this post.
    How wonderful for your grand daughters to surprise your daughter. AND how sweet that your daughter shared her excitement and surprise.

    ReplyDelete