Thursday, May 12, 2011

Gwen's visit

Hello everybody, I hope you all had a good week.
Mother's Day
Gwen on the right of Mum
Me with my dog... My brother Franc behind Mum and me.....
my husband Kevin behind Mum and Gwen
and my brother-in law Steven(not Gwens husband) on the end
The pretty cake Franc brought for Mum..
It was decorated with lilac flower petals,nuts,figs and glace cumquat segments.
It tasted delicious.
Gwen trimming Mum's hair

Playing Yahtzee
Begonia plant from Gwen


My sister Gwen's visit with us was lovely.She brought down some squares to add to Mum's stash for charity blankets..played Yahtzee with Mum and I ..and generally relaxed and enjoyed Mum's company. She arrived on Thursday afternoon and went home on Monday morning. Too Short!!!!

Joining with L.A.C.E    and Simple Pleasures

God Bless
Barb from Australia

9 comments:

  1. Oh I love those kinds of visits with sisters and our Moms! Playing cards or just eating and visiting...wonderful Simple Pleasure!


    ~Jean

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like you all had a really nice time Barb.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great simple pleasure ....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely photos here!! really nice 'simple pleasure'!
    glad to be following you now...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved this post. Love the yahtzee playing picture. Teaching our kids that this kind of simple pleasure (time with family, board games) are more quality than computer and tv. Cake looked delicious by the way! stopping by from the simple pleasures link up from Arizona, USA. please stop by and say hello!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Barb, this made me feel cozy and warm. What a sweet post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great family weekend. Definitely one of life's simple pleasures.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Barb, these are great photos of everyone!
    Mum looks very interested in whatever you're doing with your yahtzee ;-)
    The cake sounds delicious and Gwen's begonia is very pretty.
    It's nice to see the family together :-)
    love..Trish

    ReplyDelete