Thursday, April 28, 2011

recycling

Hello Everyone,
I had  been trying to figure out how to join a long chain of plastic ring seals together or a long time.
I wanted to use the left-over rings from last Christmas's decorations to make a card/picture hanger my grand children could use in their bedrooms.
I woke up on Sat. morning with the solution pictured in my mind.
I was excited and said 'Thank You' prayers to God all day.
---I realise more experienced crafters would have the know-how,but I didn't, and God gave me the answer I needed --

It was so simple--I just had to crochet half-way around one ring and then join on the next ring and crochet half-way around it, adding as many rings as I wanted to......then come back in the opposite direction,closing each circle.
I did this and the result was just what I wanted.
I have added little craft pegs to hang things from.
I plan to colour co-ordinate the colours to each child's room, and do some in Christmas colours.



                                                              I love the result.
                                                              THANK YOU
                                                                     GOD!!


Joining with Trish at L.A.C.E
and Dayle at Simple Pleasures
                                                             

9 comments:

  1. That's clever Barb!
    The kids will love them for sure.
    It must've felt really great to get the inspiration at last :-)
    God is good !
    Love and hugs..Trish

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Job!!!! They look very pretty. God always has the answer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice Barb! And so useful. :)

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea for something that would normally be thrown away. Best wishes and blessings, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty Barb...and isn't our God wonderful to answer us in such unexpected ways? I know your grandchildren will love these.


    ~Jean

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aren't you full of talent? Great job you did and sometimes the simplest things bring the greatest rewards. I know your grandchildren will enjoy what you've done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. great job....with great results....☺

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the way you recieved your nspiration.
    When it's from God, it's perfect.
    Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A great idea...such a creative way to recycle.

    Blessings,
    Joan

    ReplyDelete