Thursday, January 27, 2011

changable space

Hello Ladies, 
This week has been a good week for me. I have been re-arranging furniture and re-locating the contents of  two china cabnets.The two cabnets will go to one of my daughters and we are putting a day-bed in our lounge room (where the cabnets were) for  more versitile guest sleeping. I sorted and flat stacked the books in our hallway so that they take up less space overall but fill each section completely,not just a row on the bottom of the section.
 This left me with enough freed-up shelving to display the contents of the two cabnets. Wonderful!!!!!
My Simple Pleasure this week is knowing our 9yo grand-daughter will have a bed in a different room to her brothers, when they come and stay with us.
Joining with Dayle at --  alittleofthisandthat2.blogspot.com

9 comments:

  1. Wonderful! I am sure she will be thrilled! :)

    Maria.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your granddgt.will be soo happy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it great to find extra space by moving some things around? Your granddaughter is blessed to have you in her life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good on you, Barb!'
    I knew you'd sort things out for the better.
    I'm sure Abby will love it too :-)
    Can't wait to see what you've done. Feels good to make some changes doesn't it!
    We just stripped everything out of our loungeroom, painted the walls white and plan to go 'minimalist'.
    Might need a few prayers to resist the temptation to slip stuff back in though lol!
    You know what we're like ;-)
    love and hugs..Trish

    ReplyDelete
  5. How sweet, she will feel very special!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it's wonderful that she will have a nest all to herself! You're a good grandma to take the time to do it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you've been working hard, and now the payoff! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely feeling to have it all sorted out now and knowing you have that room for her.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you have a wonderful visit! I know your granddaughter will appreciate your efforts. And how sweet of you to do it for her!

    ReplyDelete