Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Books,books,books

Hello World,
I've set myself the mammoth task of re-sorting and re-packing our book shelves. I arranged books by size (just for balance-you understand) and that disorganised the 'by author' arrangement we were using. The problem with this system is that some books in the same set are DIFFERENT sizes and don't fit on the shelves properly.If I lay the bigger books flat and stack them one on top of the other they don't look as nice as I'd like.SOOOOO, I will try keeping the normal paperback size books in the hall book shelves and the larger books in the bookcase in our lounge room ----BOTH by author. This means that we will have to go from one place to the other to check book sets but I think that is a small price to pay for the look we both want.
This system should work as long as we don't add to the sets we already have ----BUT---I think we'll worry about that if and when it happens.
You see my husband has an e-reader and downloads his books from the internet now, so we're not adding books to our collections at the same rate as before. His e-reader can store hundreds of books and is small and light to carry and use. He loves it.
I'll keep you updated as to my progress .
Should be good fun, and all my shelves and books will be fresh and clean.
Bye for now
Barb

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea, Barb - but a huge job!
    I can see what you mean about smaller books up the hallway and large ones in the loungeroom.
    Knowing you, I'm sure you'll manage to make it work just fine.
    As long as you don't get way-laid by reading something as you sort - always a potential temptation for me!
    I could be jealous of K's e-reader, but I think it would strain my eyes too much, so that's a good thing really ;-)
    love to all..Trish

    ReplyDelete
  2. Which method, size or author, is always a problem for me too. I try to put authors together as a general rule. Those e-readers are gaining in popularity aren't they? I wonder about eye-strain with them. Kathleen.

    ReplyDelete